Syns per portion*: Extra Easy Free, Red 12 , Green Free
- 50g rice
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 red pepper
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1/4 yellow pepper
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 chicken stock cube
- 200ml water
- Chop the peppers into small chunks
- Place the rice into a pan and give 3 sprays of frylight. Set at medium heat and stir rice until it begins to brown.
- Add 100ml of water, stock cube and chilli flakes. Reduce heat to low-medium and stir occasionally until rice absorbs the water, be careful not to let it stick to the pan.
- Once rice has absorbed water add the chopped peppers, garam masala, soy sauce and remaining 100ml of water.
- Set on a low heat and stir occasionally until all water has been absorbed. Serve.
NB. The marinated chicken in the 'The Cook Menu' cajun marinade chicken from Marks and Spencers.